The Jefferson County Detention Center will not retain personal property longer than five (72) hours following your release/transfer. Personal property that will not be accepted based on the rules of the facility a detainee is being transferred to, should be released using a completed Property Release Form, prior to transfer. After 72 hours following release/transfer, unclaimed property is considered abandoned and will be disposed of accordingly.Link to page
Add money to an inmates commissary account.Link to page
Inmate Mail Procedure
You may send outgoing mail as often as you wish, provided your letters do not violate regulations of the United States Post Office or the safe and secure operations of the Jefferson County Detention Center. You are required to include your full name and return address on outgoing mail. Failure to do so will result in the mail being returned to you for correction. Your mailing address while in custody of the Jefferson County Detention Center is...Link to page
Contact information for other jails around Jefferson County, MOLink to page
Visiting an Inmate
Visitation is a privilege extended to an inmate in order to maintain contact with family and friends; it is not a right. Inmates on lockdown status may not be permitted visits. Available visits at the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility will be scheduled by telephone. Any persons wanting to visit a prisoner will need to call our facility at (636) 797-5301.Link to page
- How do I put money on an inmate's account?
- How do I get a message to an inmate in your facility?
- How do I set up an account with the inmate phone system provider?
- How do I get money on an inmate’s commissary or set up an account with the inmate commissary provider?
- Can I bring items to the facility to get to an inmate?
- How do I visit an inmate in the detention center?