Can I make a police report over the telephone or does a Deputy have to come to my house?

Some reports can be taken over the telephone by the Sheriff's Office complaint evaluators. The receiving Deputy that answers your call can determine if your report can be handled over the telephone.  The complaint evaluators are located at the North Zone substation and can be reached at (636) 797-6216, or through the dispatch non-emergency number (636) 797-9999.

Show All Answers

1. Can the police open my car if I have locked my keys inside?
2. Is there a waiting period before I can report someone missing?
3. Can I make a police report over the telephone or does a Deputy have to come to my house?
4. Why did it take so long for the Deputy to come when I called them last night?
5. Should I report suspicious activity in my neighborhood?
6. I have left my spouse and am living elsewhere but I need to get my clothing and other items. Can the police help me?
7. Can I make a police report at any time of day and do I need to make an appointment?
8. Someone has abandoned a junk car in my parking lot or on my property. Can the police tow it away for me?
9. Where are the Zone Offices located?
10. What services do the Zone Offices offer?
11. How can I find out if someone is in jail, when someone in jail can be visited and any other information about persons in jail?
12. I do not have any transportation and have to get somewhere. Can a Deputy give me a ride?
13. I need to get a message to someone that does not have a telephone. Can the Sheriff's Office go to the person's home and deliver the message?
14. We have a problem with speeders in our neighborhood. What can we do about it?
15. How can I evict someone from my property?
16. What can I do about stray dogs and cats?
17. Can I report drunk drivers to 911?
18. Why do they ask so many questions when I call the police?